Follow me to #TeenBookCon!

In case you haven’t heard, Teen Book Con is Saturday, April 11th at Alief-Taylor HS in Houston. We will be taking a bus there again this year, so stay tuned for information on permission slips.

If you aren’t familiar with Teen Book Con, let me explain. Teen Book Con is a convention that connects teens with authors and their books. I have volunteered at the event for many years and have served on the social media committee the last two years, which is why you see so many @TeenBookCon retweets from me on Twitter! 🙂  This is such an incredible opportunity for students to listen to some of their favorite authors and ask them questions.

What the day will look like (more info to come later): We will board a bus and leave the school around 7:30am. Once we arrive at Alief-Taylor HS, we will visit some of the publishing tables, participate in a variety of fun activities, and shop for books from Blue Willow Bookshop (optional). We will listen to Gayle Forman give the keynote address and spend the rest of the day visiting author panels and hear the closing speakers, David Levithan and Ally Carter. Food trucks will be available for lunches or you can bring a sack lunch. At the end of the day, we will have the opportunity to have the authors sign books. Then we will board the bus and be back to the school around 5:30pm. It’s an all day event, but sooo worth it!!

Let’s get excited for the 2015 TeenBookCon author panels:

THE HARDEST THING panel: Gayle Forman, Kevin Emerson, Jason Reynolds, Elizabeth Wein, and Aisha Saeed.

THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE panel: David Levithan, Joy Preble, Jennifer Mathieu, Alexis Bass, and Susane Colasanti.

SECRETS THAT BIND US panel: Ally Carter, Maureen Johnson, Lindsay Cummings, Henry Turner, and Justine Larbalestier.

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT panel: George O’Connor and Jen Wang

REALITY NEED NOT APPLY panel: Scott Westerfeld, Lydia Kang, Megan Miranda, Kristen Simmons, and Tommy Wallach.

MAGICAL MAYHEM panel: Rachel Hartman, Sarah Cross, Leslye Walton, Josephine Angelini, Joe Shine, and Gudalupe Garcia McCall.

All of these authors books are displayed in the library. Stay tuned for more information and library contests! If you have any questions about the event, please let me know. Bring on #TeenBookCon!

Follow @TeenBookCon

instagramtwitterfacebook