Our 1st author visit was a success!!

testingJoelle Charbonneau, author of The Testing trilogy, visited with about 100 OTHS students on Tuesday, 1/14, after school. She spoke about her experiences as a writer and even shared her musical talent by singing some Puccini! Simply incredible!

One of my favorite aspects of the presentation was when she discussed her writing practices with the students. She relayed the importance of writing the way that works best for them. For example, many people may write a story first and then decide on a title that fits. However, she starts with the title before beginning any writing. Writing is an individual and personal process.

Joelle Charbonneau was inspired to write The Testing trilogy by thinking about students and the important tests (like STARR) that they are required to take. She took that idea and created an amazing dystopian novel that follows protagonist Cia through the adventure of  her testing to her graduation. Let me just say…this Testing is nothing like the STARR test. 🙂

Would you pass The Testing? Test yourself HERE!

Graduation Day (Book #3 in the trilogy) comes out in June. Download the prequel for FREE!

My daughter, Kellie, is a huge fan and came over from Beck JH to meet Joelle Charbonneau!