Rick Riordan wows the audience at MRHS!

Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Kane Chronicles, Heroes of Olympus series (and more!), spoke to a crowd of 800+ at Morton Ranch High School tonight. If I said he was incredible, it would be an understatement. Not only is he an incredible author, but he is an equally talented storyteller. He had the crowd laughing for an hour over his silly pictures, funny stories, and comedic presentation.

Local bookstore, Blue Willow Bookshop, hosted the sold out event. My daughter and I were fortunate to be able to volunteer during the event. We packed autographed books into boxes and helped organize them into different sections. We also checked tickets at the door. So much fun!

Riordan3

Riordan7

They even gave away “Camp Halfblood” and “Camp Jupiter” shirts!

Riordan6

800 people lined up outside the PAC center at MRHS waiting to hear Rick Riordan speak.

Riordan5

My friend, and Beckendorff librarian, Kim Warwick and I working hard at the event.

Riordan4

Riordan2

Rick Riordan, my daughter, and me!

Riordan8

Riordan1

Wish you would have known about this event? Sign up to receive Blue Willow Bookshop’s newsletter so you can stay up-to-date with all their events!